Becker's released 25 rules for business. Here are the top 10.
1. A simple strategy is better than a complex strategy.
2. A starting business plan (and an annual plan for most businesses or business units) should be written on one to two pages, not 80 to 100 pages.
3. Great people who do their jobs are everything in a business.
4. While you can measure anything, cash flow remains a very top thing to measure.
5. You can’t underestimate the importance of a great leader in a business.
6. A team that is terrific on collections and billing is an underappreciated, important asset of any company.
7. When the sales and marketing of a business gets ahead of the execution of the business, the business is in trouble.
8. A business, particularly in its core areas, must constantly keep getting better.
9. Overcommunication internally and to customers and suppliers is very important.
10. A leader who sets direction and goals and keeps the team focused on those goals is critically important.
Jay & Julia Taylor own and operate Caney Creek Studio. Caney Creek Studio is a video production, digital marketing, and social media management agency.