Organic (non-paid) reach on Facebook is in steep competition to make it to users' news feeds. Business pages with less than 500,000 followers experience on average a 6% organic reach. Here are some tips to make the most of your reach.
1. Calculate Your Own Organic Reach Percentage: Have 5,000 Followers? Then, your "average 6% reach" is 300. Now check your Facebook metrics for your organic reach. Getting more than average 300 reach on your posts? Great! Less than 300? Not so good...
2. Generate Compelling Content: It goes without saying, so I will say it: post good stuff. Seriously. Make it good. The type of stuff people are going to pause on or click on. Production quality is key.
3. Use Video: Three things about good content: video works, video works, video works. Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined. Native video uploads to Facebook have 10x higher reach compared to shared YouTube links.
4. Engage Your Audience: When people make a comment or post to your page, let them know that they have been heard: RESPOND. Responding = Engagement = Higher Rank with Facebook.
5. Use a Paid Promotion: Set your target audience, set your goal, and promote (paid) your post! More on that in a later blog...
6. Check the Numbers: Check your Facebook Insights to see how your posts performed. Did you get good reach? Engagement? New Followers?
Contact us at Caney Creek Studio for a free consultation on how to use social media, video production, and digital marketing to promote your business.
Jay & Julia Taylor own and operate Caney Creek Studio. Caney Creek Studio is a video production, digital marketing, and social media management agency.