The American Medical Association conducted a survey of 1,200 physicians, residents and medical students about their satisfaction with their career choice.
Here are six points to note:
1. Ninety percent of physicians reported satisfaction with their career choice.
2. Seventy-five percent of all respondents said helping patients is their primary career motivator.
3. Among respondents, 61 percent said they would recommend a medical career to others.
4. Respondents cited key challenges to their careers including administrative burden, stress and lack of time.
5. Seventy-three percent said they knew they wanted to be physician before they were 20-years-old.
6. Andrew Gurman, MD, AMA president, said, "Physicians may be discouraged at times, but almost every single one of us remains confident in our decision to enter medicine and continues to be driven by our desire to help our patients. As an organization, the AMA is constantly striving to deliver resources that empower physicians to maximize time with their patients and help them succeed at every stage of their medical lives. Understanding the challenges physicians face, as well as their motivations for continuing on, is critical to fulfilling that mission."
Contact us at Caney Creek Studio for a free consultation on how to use social media, video production, and digital marketing to promote your medical practice. Let us remove some of that administrative burden, stress and lack of time!
Jay & Julia Taylor own and operate Caney Creek Studio. Caney Creek Studio is a video production, digital marketing, and social media management agency.