The average email address is associated with 130 accounts in the U.S., according to a Digital Guardian report.
The Waltham, Mass.-based data security company surveyed 1,000 U.S. internet users about their "password hygiene."
Here are five insights into password security.
1. Seventy percent of consumers have more than 10 password-protected accounts. Thirty percent reported they have "too many to count."
2. The plurality of consumers (39 percent) said they remember passwords by writing them down. Twenty-eight percent said they use a secure password manager.
3. Sixty-one percent of consumers use the same password across multiple websites, with those between ages 18 and 24 most likely to retain the same password.
4. The plurality of consumers (31 percent) change their passwords once or twice a year. Seventy percent change their passwords at least once a year.
5. While 48 percent of consumers use two-factor authentication, 33 percent respondents indicated they do not know what two-factor authentication is.
Contact us at Caney Creek Studio for a free consultation on how to use social media, video production, and digital marketing to promote your business.
Jay & Julia Taylor own and operate Caney Creek Studio. Caney Creek Studio is a video production, digital marketing, and social media management agency.